Monday, December 17, 2012

32 Random Acts of Kindness!

As I said yesterday, My birthday wish is to complete 32 Random Acts of Kindness, one for every year of my life thus far. I planned out 32 acts ahead of time just in case, but prayed for opportunities to arise throughout the day to bless those around me!

I must say this was by far the most wonderful, most heartwarming  Birthday I have EVER had! I'm so thankful for everyone that came along to help. It is amazing how easy it is to see the need when you're staring it in the face.  Just putting a smile or look of surprise on someones face made it all worth it.




OUR 32 ACTS
1. Left a Sweet Treat for our Newspaper Delivery Man.
2. Left a Scentsy gift & card for our Mail Lady.

3.  Put Quarters on gumball machines for children to find.


4. We went into Dunkin Donuts & due to the storm not many people were out..BUT as we ordered hot chocolate for the girls a lady pulled up to the drive thru. I told the cashier I'd like to pay for the drive thru order...  The Lady in the car was so thankful she kept asking the cashier if i knew her etc... (of course i did not) At this point the cashier was in tears of joy that I was being so kind. I had all I could do not to break down in tears myself.   What a wonderful moment!

5. We gave out homemade cards at our bank, Wishing them a great day, filled with God's blessings!

6. Handed out cards & cookies at the Police Station.


7. Brought cookies & cards to our Town Office ( We absolutely love those ladies :)


8. Donated to Coats for Kids

9. Donated Bag of clothes to those in need

10. Brought Laundry Soap & Quarters to Laundry Mat for someone that might need it


11. Brought carts back to the store for customers! They were so Thankful as the weather was yucky!



12. Left someone a popcorn treat at the local redbox!


13. We purchased 2-Hannaford Gift Cards & gave them out to random shoppers. The reactions were priceless ;)


14. We also gave out cards while we were there.



15. Cleaned off  a Lady's car that was covered in snow .

16. Hide $ in the toy section at Dollar Tree
( I so wish I was able to see the children's faces when they found them)



17. Sent Cards to the Ronald McDonald House for parents & children




18. Left a Note & Quarters at the DIY Car wash


19. We Brought Balloons & Teddy Bears to the Hospitals Pediatric center.
What a touching heartfelt moment!




20. Also left coloring books, crayons & books about Jesus in the waiting room


21. Brought Cookies & a card to the Local Post Office for the staff.

22. Fulfilled a 1 year old boys wish on the Giving Tree  ( Learning toys)

23. Fulfilled a 10 year old girls wish on the Giving tree ( Barbie & Winter Gloves)


24. Left a Act of Kindness at a Soda Machines


25. We handed out Lollipops to children ( with the parents permission, of course!)


26. We went to the Sandy River Assisted Living Center & gave out Cards & Teddy Bears

27. My Nephew wanted to bring cookies & a card to his doctor, so we did :)


28.  Went to Evergreen Behavior Services to deliver them cupcakes & a card

29. At this point we needed gas so we gave cookies to our very thankful gas attendant

30. Donated to our local Knights of Columbus

31. Donated our change that we've been saving to the BGMC (children's) program at church.

32. Stopped in for a visit with our Pastor with cupcakes, a card & much needed HUGS ;)


and that's how we celebrated my Birthday! Wow, what an amazing day!  I am so thankful that God gave us the opportunity to BLESS so many other people today!

Thank you to everyone that celebrated with me! We are all so humbled by today's acts  and exhausted but mostly reminded how opportunities to help others are all around us all the time.. and at times we are just to busy to even notice.



 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.- Matthew 5:16




6 comments:

  1. WOW, Today was such an awsome day! Seeing all those peoples smiles made it all worth it! Thank you so much for the wonder ful experience April! I love you so much!
    Love, Jada

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, you are a true inspiration to us all, I too paid for someones coffee at Dunkin Donuts today for you. Your a wonderful mother and aunt to set this kind of example! Happy Birthday!
    Love, Amie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow~ I love that you were able to get so many wonderful pictures! What a great birthday :) I am so glad the girls were able to go minister to others, with you!

    Mark 10:45~ For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister...

    I'm always looking for ways to involve the kids in ministering to others. This was just perfect. Thank u :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a wonderful way to spend your birthday!!! I so enjoyed reading about your adventurous day. Happy Belated birthday by the way!

    Crystal Jewell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! Makes me want to do something similar for my next birthday! :)
    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Such a wonderful idea :)

    Lauren @ Simply Free
    www.laurenrebeccaelliott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete